The Oregon chapter board is proposing modifications to the chapter bylaws. These proposed amendments will be submitted to the membership prior to electing board directors later this year.
As required by the current bylaws, the proposed amendments are being circulated to the membership 30 days before voting on the proposals (the election will be conducted electronically October 28-November 9),
The proposed amendments (a PDF document) are available here:
Dropox version - Proposed Amendments (corrected)
The proposed amendments have been approved, as required, by the national association. The proposed amendments would:
1. Modernize the terminology and objectives of the chapter.
2. Restate and clarify the eligibility for chapter membership.
3. Change the term of board directors from one year to two years, with one-half of the directors elected each year.
4. More clearly specify the role of the president to appoint committees.
5. Provide for review by the board of the financial statements, but specify when an audited financial statement is required in accordance with Oregon law.
6. More clearly provide for a process to fill vacant board positions.
7. Provide for at least one (rather than four) chapter membership meetings annually.
8. Provide for a shorter notice period (15 days rather than 30) for proposed amendments, since the chapter now can conduct elections electronically (though a provision allowing for mailed ballots is retained).
If you have any questions about the proposed amendments, feel free to contact one of the officers, or e-mail me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).