The following are the purposes and objectives of IPMA-HR:
- To promote excellence through ongoing development of both professional and personal career development.
- To enhance the image of human resource professionals by recognizing their contributions to public service.
- To foster fairness and equity by promoting application of merit principles and equal opportunity.
- To promote communication and sharing of information among human resource professionals.
Benefits of National Membership
Get member-only savings on all conferences and education, including hot-topic webinars and online courses specifically developed for public sector HR professionals, by public sector HR professionals.
Earn the most recognized and respected public sector HR certification, IPMA-CP or
Receive trusted insight and information through our wide range of publications, including weekly, monthly and quarterly publications focused on the unique issues and atmosphere of public sector HR.
Get exclusive access to an Online Member’s Area where you can access resources, tools, news, networking, legislative updates, discussion groups and more.
Search more than 500 sample policies created and used by IPMA-HR members.
Gain access to full annual surveys focusing on performance management, compensation, health care cost containment and more.
Get free access to live expert-led webinars, as well as unlimited access to the archived library of past webinars.
Stay on top of the latest federal legislation with IPMA-HR official comment letters, issue briefs and monthly Washington Updates.
Gain access to colleagues around the world with an Online Membership Directory.
Participate in IPMA-HR national committees.
Benefits of Local Chapter Membership
- Keep informed of current and emergent topics important to local public sector HR professionals
- Discounts on training seminars and other events.
- Access to our website, including our chapter membership directory,
- Networking opportunities–your membership enables you to share your professional expertise with others and glean knowledge from others expertise.
- Your membership helps us to understand and meet your needs.
- Your membership is an opportunity to help contribute to your professional community by volunteering on an committee, helping with a workshop, or assuming a role on the board.
For individuals, you can join for the first time or renew your chapter membership through this page, and pay your fees by credit/debit card. Agency memberships for multiple staff members for a jurisdiction are also available. Agency membership fees depend on how many individuals are covered, and at least one of the covered members must be a member of international IPMA-HR. For 2019-2020, agency rates are $150 for 3-6 members, $200 for 7-12 members, and $250 for 13-20 members. To add or change an agency membership, send an e-mail to email@example.com.